Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bug Duds is Here!

I'm comfortable enough with my website to announce...

Bug Duds is up and running!

Visit www.bugduds.com to check out my new project. After years of people telling me, "You should go into business sewing," and me making plenty of excuses, I have finally done it.

There are several changes I will continue to make to the website, including adding/changing photographs (after all I'm asking people to buy based on my pictures). My first "big" goal is to save enough money to actually buy bolts of fabric for people to choose for their designs (right now customers will just have to describe to me what they want). Hopefully that will come soon because I think that will really help the website.

I have no idea where this will lead, but I'm behind it 100%. Stuart is a big support which makes sewing in the evening and on weekends easier. So for now, I will just add it to my list of jobs - wife, mom, legal secretary, Bug Duds owner, and oh yeah - that pesky audiology thing!

By the way - why "Bug Duds?" Well, my wonderful friend Kim (who has proven to me you can achieve your dreams) suggested I use one of Allie's nicknames for the business. Many nicknames have come and gone, but Stuart and I have called Allie "Bug" for almost all four years of her life. So there you have it - these are "duds" inspired by my "bug."

1 comment:

Kim Lawson said...

The site looks great!! You are on your way!!! :)